Business Development Manager
Dtcoms at a glance
Founded in 2011 More than 500 employees
Business Development Manager
About Dotmount Communications
Dotmount Communications is a leading global provider of earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Dotmount Communications software allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact. Dotmount Communications has over 4,800 employees with offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
More than 1 in 4 journalists receive over 100 pitches per week. Most are irrelevant – and ignored. Dotmount Communications media relationship management tool comes with a vetted global database of over 1.1 billion influencers. So our users can quickly identify and connect with relevant media contacts for their story, streamline their team’s outreach without annoying spreadsheets, and increase their chances of coverage.
Function: Sales and Business → Sales / Business Development
- Focus on new business sales for our platform solutions, targeting marketing, corporate communications, public relations and/or investor relations professionals over the telephone, via emails, and through face-to-face meetings
- To reach or exceed specific quarterly and annual targets by achieving pre-set criteria on revenue generated, with primary focus on corporate workflow solutions such as media monitoring and insights, social media management and listening as well as news wire distribution and content strategy services.
- To ensure that all clients are handled to the highest standards, and everything is known about their corporate PR, marketing communications and digital requirements throughout the year
- To stay ahead of competition by following up on all leads and opportunities to maximise the chance of winning business and by keeping regular contact with clients and prospects
- To provide regular (weekly, monthly and ad hoc) feedback of sales activities to the Supervisor, including clients wins/losses, competition activity, product feedback, etc.
- 2 years plus of new business sales a prerequisite, expertise in SaaS (Software as a Service), or subscription-based solutions preferred.
- Relevant experience in industries such as corporate communications, marketing, public relations, investor relations, advertising and/or media sales would be an advantage.
- A solid track record of consistently delivering or exceeding sales targets and other relevant KPIs
- High level of self-motivation, growth mindset and accountability; ability to work both independently and as a team in a fast-paced working environment
- Competent in territory management
- Fluent speaking and writing in English
- Proficiency in Internet and PC software, esp. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- User knowledge and experience in CRM system is preferred. Salesforce is an advantage
Dotmount Communications Office and Product Photos
Why Explore a Career at Dotmount Communications
We are a global tech company that provides communication solutions to top brands across every industry. We’re an award-winning leader in PR, marketing, and social media management technology and intelligence. At the core, our dynamic organization is powered by our 4,000 people who together create a strong culture of collaboration and community
Because Dotmount Communications is a dynamic and growing company, that means a world of possibilities for your career. As Dotmount Communications grows, you’ll grow too. We have the resources of a large company and the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We’re a company where your impact has a global reach, your work is noticed, and the difference you’ll make here matters!